Myspace pages now look like Geocities pages – a sign of a naive time in the web’s recent past.
How to fix it?
- Make the music player, gig dates and blog headlines embeddable,
- make friend/follow asymmetric with easier ways to share music (maybe a ‘top 10 most recent bands I’ve dug’ plugin, with a ‘like this’ button on every artist page to feed it?),
- allow blogs to be auto-update via RSS feed,
- sort out the basic design disasters (include a proper design editor as standard ALREADY!!!)
- make hooking up Twitter to the status a cinch,
- oh and do a deal with BandCamp to make it possible to replace the music player with a bandcamp embed…